Friday, September 26, 2008

Our last day - Yikes!

Can't believe it. We are leaving tomorrow. There is so much I feel about this moment. Mostly, I feel that I have bonded with our new home... and bonded with the people and culture of Mexico.

We have been frustrated at times... Only because we wanted to do so much and well, time moves a little differently here. But we have worked closely with our electrician, plumber, carpenter (etc.) .. and we understand them more and I believe they have learned a few things from us as well. And we are women! And they listened.

And of course, there are the people we have befriended. Some live here year-round, some are passing through. All are wonderful. Some we'll know for a long, long time.

Since we have two other partners in this property, I put together a list of all we accomplished this summer. I think everyone should do this because even if you feel you didn't get enough done... when you step back and look at what was done... it feels good. Real good.

So now we head to Cuernevaca and Mexico City to visit friends. Then to Austin, TX to visit a friend. Then to Provincetown, Cape Cod for a friend's 5oth birthday. Then back to San Francisco. Whew. We will be back in November with friends so ... I don't feel too sad about leaving.

We'll be back.