Monday, July 21, 2008

Animals (and other things)

The diversity of flora and fauna here never cease to amaze me! The very first day of our arrival we were rewarded with cool insects like a walkingstick and a praying mantis. We had the other normal visitors like crabs, toad, frogs, bats, etc.



Today we found 3 kittens born under a casita bed. Oh my. I guess the parents brought them there to stay warm and dry during the day. We had seen a couple of cats hanging about the last few days...but didn't realize they had kittens. Anyway...they did. So we plucked them up, put them in a box (for safe keeping) and tomorrow we'll take them to the Zihuatanejo SPCA.



Never a dull moment in Troncones.

On top of the fauna keeping us busy, I've been busy picking up trash from the beach. The weather has been pretty stormy, thus big waves, thus crap building up. So I went out and filled up 2 big trash bags full of crap. I never knew that plastic bottle caps would be the greatest # of finds.


Also tomorrow brings the arrival of my mother, Brenda, and her boyfriend Danny. So will have more to share about our experiences soon.